Trinity Hill Homage 2016

Sourced from company owned vineyards in the Gimblett Gravels sub-region of Hawke's Bay. The soils consist of deep river shingle deposited over time by the Ngaruroro River as it changed course. The exposed greywacke gravel stones absorb and re-radiate heat and are extremely free draining.

These are perfect conditions for growing Syrah. The vines largely 19-year-old mass selection clones. he grapes were harvested between 18th - 23rd April 2016. The hand-picked grapes were sorted with 70% de-stemmed and lightly crushed to leave a large portion of complete berries. The remaining 30% was fermented as whole bunches. The cap was hand-plunged and/or pumped over twice daily for optimum colour and tannin extraction. The average time on skins was 30 days, with one component passing 50 days. This maceration helped with tannin complexity, softening and stabilising the wine. The wine was subsequently aged in predominantly new French oak barriques for 15 months, with malolactic fermentation beginning in tank and finishing in barrel.

Winemaker's Comments

The 'Homage' is beautifully floral wtih interwoven berry purity and oak sophistication. This is a darker fruit vintage with brambly, blackberry notes dominating the aromatics. It is very powerful and fragrant with great concentration of flavour. Stunningly spicy with Italianate tannins.

Back to Trinity Hill Wine 

    £89.99
    Special Offer Mix 6+ Price
    £79.99

    Share on Facebook or Twitter

    • Decanter World Wine Awards
    GOLD MEDAL - Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
    SILVER  - International Wine Challenge 2019